Pages

Translate

Friday, August 7, 2020

Crabby...

 This card is so me lately, I might just have to give it to my husband LOL...


I used this really cute set from photo play, I stamped a bunch of sea images then scan and cut them with my silhouette portrait (I always forget I can do that) It's so darn helpful LOL I colored them using nuvo alcohol markers 💓 I love these markers Debra from Scrapsalot sent them to me to try they are a great alternative to copic markers...Nuvo is more in my price range and they came 3 to the package light med and dark  made coloring super easy for me!

now for my back panel..the ocean ...I used ink oxides. lets see I used tumbled glass, broken china and mermaid lagoon (I need to start writing these things down!  So normally I would just blend them with the blending brushes but I saw someone (sorry I can't remember where I saw it it was either Fb or youtube)  paint them on so I thought I'd give it a try basically you smash some on your craft mat use a wide paint brush wet with plain water then paint across your paper kind of like strips across your page <-----> you just keep changing colors until you have the effect you want, Its so hard to see in the photo but in real life you'll see the difference.

So I used a generic rectangle stitched border die this

size I could get two small backgrounds, I'll use the other one another day.

it was simple to use Kraft card stock and create a little sandy spot a couple plants and a fist with lots of bubbles and my scene is complete  well we can't forget (me) the crab!
I layered a couple different colors...I really wanted just the blue but my idea of the embossing (Fiskars texture plate) didn't pan out as planned so I adapted my idea LOL


Items used from Scrapsalot shop


  1.  Ink oxides- tumbled glass, broken china and mermaid lagoon
  2. Photo Play -fish tales elements
  3. Catherine Pooler- Midnight ink
  4. Archival ink-shadow grey and watering can
  5. Nuvo -Alcohol markers 


thank you so much for stopping by to check out my card!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some blog love and I'll be sure to visit yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog