Pages

Translate

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Repurposed Iced Tea container

Afternoon my scrappy friends...I wanted to share my latest project, the idea started from the new June challenges up over at the Flying Unicorn forum Lainie has an awesome challenge called "What your purpose?" This challenge is all about finding some item in your house that you would normally toss into the garbage and to redesign it's original purpose into something that is useful for you or that you could gift to someone else. This idea fit perfect with the new challenges up at A2Z Scraplets (off the page challenge) and Beyond Grey challenges (Stamping and Misting) So I decided to combine all three...

you see we are big Crystal light fans so I always have these little containers....


I've used them to store markers,pencils and flowers...but I never thought to decorate them LOL

the piece of chipboard is from A2Z Scraplets...it was the perfect size to use on this project!

 Criteria for the challenge at Beyond Grey:
  • You must have visible Misting on the face of your project - Any kind of misting will do for example - Using mists like Lindy's stamp gang or color bloom by prima etc,  Making a splatter with a paint brush , Using a tooth brush with water colors to create a nice misting on your project. 
  • Your project must show Stamping on Fabric !  Its time to pick and experiment with any type of fabric and see how your stamps work on them. !


I did my stamping on the fabric leaves and on the brown ribbon on the bottom and you can see my misting/paint drippings and now my shape scissors have a pretty new home!
Thanks for coming to take a peek!

3 comments:

  1. I love doing things like this... Makes the scrap table so much cuter!!
    I love the a2z scraplet too and have used it myself.
    What a great otp project
    Thanks for joing in at a2z scraplets again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative and beautiful project! I like the dark brown you used. Thank you for playing along with us at BGC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so creative !!!! Love ur tin :)
    Keep up the good work !
    Thank you for playing along with us at BGC!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some blog love and I'll be sure to visit yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog