Pages

Translate

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Color is Natures way of smiling!

I thought I would give the 13arts challenge a try...(I have admired Ayeeda's work for sometime now )
I 'm not sure why but I always have a hard time with color challenges,I think its all in my head lol


Rules of Challenge # 5:
First Please use a photo or a picture with flowers in your project (even as background).
Second Your work must also contain:
- Handmade flowers (at least 5)
- Stitching (handmade or machine made)
- Pink and  turquoise  colors
3rd Publish your project at your blog and add a link Directly to the post using Inlinkz tool at the end of this post.
4th Please add a link and info about our challenge, where your work is published.
5th You can enter your project with a maximum of two other challenges and your work must be new, not published before our challenge has started.
6th The challenge ends 03/24/2013 at 23:59. Winners will be Announced on the 28th of March 2013.

 Here is what I came up with....
I actually love the background and the flowers....but when I look at the whole thing I'm not sure if I like it or not....My daughter likes it,as a matter of fact she wants me to make her some of the big flowers since I used her sewing scraps to make them to begin with I suppose I'll have to make her at least one!






 I hand stitched the butterfly....and made the little flowers for the frame....


I used a bit of the fibers (from the left over scraps after making the flower) in the background, I know the effect I wanted but didn't quit achieve it LOL even if I'm not happy with the whole page at least I got to learn how to make these really pretty flowers!

thanks for coming to take a peek....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :D

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful project! Thanks for palying with 13arts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for your kind words and playing with us:)
    I really like your idea for our challenge - I love this page! It is so unique and beautiful! Regards:*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are very pretty and in my fav color! Thank you very much for joining our challenge at 13 arts, best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those flowers and this piece od art!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at 13 @rts!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some blog love and I'll be sure to visit yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog