Pages

Translate

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

You Color my world

Since today is a sucky day out and we are in the middle of a snow storm...I decided to do something I have never really done before.....I used tons of paint LOL I never new it could be so much fun..... I used the challenge over at Berry71blue 

You color my world
The challenge is to incorporate paint into your project.  You can use paint in many ways on your projects--to add texture to your backgrounds, to add random splatters of color, to color embellishments such as chipboard...let your creativity be your guide!

So here is what I came up with .....

yes I know it looks like an Easter egg....but I love it!I think I did just a bit of everything...ink paint,stencil....lots and lots of texture there is ribbon under the Gesso for added texture I also used old torn book pages and an old instruction manual haha I think it was for a blender but I like the numbers on it...when I first started it was way to bright ...I wanted like spring pastels so I just kept working it until I liked what I saw!

 Love this flower and I was so happy it went well.....been dying to use it...the other two were handmade...
 since there were so many different colors I was able to mix and match the chippy pieces for the title :D

thank you so much for coming to take a peek....make sure you stop by Berry71Blue and enter their challenge this month!

Here is their inspiration photo:

9 comments:

  1. I love how you added the mixed media into your layout. It's gorgeous!!! You also won my prize on LGS, so I'm mailing out your goodies today for you!! Let me know when you get them. Hopefully it won't take too long to get to you from Canada!! Hope your having a wonderful day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on this layout.. LOVE the colors.. and all the mixed media. You did a great job on making the background unique!!

    Thanks a bunch for stopping into my blog and checking my layout for the March challenge too. There are going to be lots of colorful layouts this month. Thanks for the sweet compliment.

    Sherry
    http://www.canadiancandy.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! LOVING the torn papers and the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pastel layout with a darling baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your page, awesome background!
    Thanks so much for coming by my blog for the PaperHaus hop, your comment is really appreciated :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Nice blog, it`s my first visit, thank you so much fot joining Berry 71 Bleu, cute page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!! love the mix media background! Thanks for playing at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet page...I like all the pastels you've incorporated in your work. Great take on the challenge. The paper tearing framing your photo was a great touch of texture! Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some blog love and I'll be sure to visit yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog