Pages

Translate

Monday, July 15, 2019

Distress ink water coloring

Happy Monday my crafty friends...thought I'd share a super quick water colorish type card....It was really easy...I started off with a piece of watercolor paper (the really cheap kind from Walmart) I used my new stamp from Honeybee stamps that I got from Scrapsalotllc.com actually everything except the paper and embossing powder is from there! anyway, I stamped using vera mark ink and used Ranger's black embossing powder and quickly embossed it with my heat gun. I think it took me longer to figure out which colors distress inks I wanted to use.... I went with Salty ocean, seedless grapes, and peacock feathers
I smooshed the inks on my mat then add a generous amount of plain water around my sentiment then took a wet brush and picked up some of the ink off my mat, I did one color at a time adding more water when needed. I used my heat tool to dry between layers..I just kept playing with it until I liked how it looked. It did warp a bit but I put in under something heavy overnight and in the morning it was fine. I added some black ink droplets/splatters then trimmed it and adding it to a basic 5 1/2x 4 1/4 note card added some enamel dot and sequins and the card is done!
so what do you think?

thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous week!

Items used from Scrapalot shop

Distress inks- Salty ocean, seedless grapes and peacock feathers
Honey Bee stamps- Congrats
Waffle flower- enamel dots
Craft Medley-sequins
Vera Mark ink

1 comment:

Leave some blog love and I'll be sure to visit yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog