Pages

Translate

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Who's ready for the beach?

I was super excited when my design team package from Scrapsalot came this for this month...it had all sorts of cool things from Hero Arts...and for today's project, I got to use a couple of them lets start with this awesome stamp set from Hero Arts called color layering waves...It's so cool and really simple to line up and even if you don't line it up just right no one will notice its the beach the waves don't match up LOL
 Normally with a layering stamp, you need three (or however many layers your set has) different shades of the same color ..in this case, blue...hmm that was a problem for me...I don't own a whole lot of inks, I'm lucky to even have a one blue LOL
 so I dug through ALL of my inks and found some really old and really generic blues...they came with a stamp set off amazon like 3 years ago let's just say they didn't work LOL so I went back and pull these out...I wasn't sure about the cracked pistachio but I figured tropical places have greenish blue water...so now we have water...
 I masted off the water to add my blotchy (so it would look a bit cloudy) sky ...used the same salty ocean and then I used a light blending of walnut stain and marker for the beach...
I found the white rub-on in my stash while I was looking for something else and thought they would look nice.. I used one of the sentiments from the set "enjoy the beach life" and I heat embossed it with
this cool Embossing Powder looks just like sand!! It's from Hero arts and its called sand Sand (of course LOL)
well, there you have it a super long explanation of a really simple card!

Supplies used from Scrapsalot
 Hero arts~color layering waves
Embossing Powders~Hero arts Sand
Distress Oxide Cracked Pistachio
Salty Ocean Distress Mini Ink Pad

Stamping Platform by Tim Holtz
Lawn fawn paper

Thanks for coming by


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some blog love and I'll be sure to visit yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog