Pages

Translate

Thursday, February 21, 2013

My Hero

Hi All....I was digging around in my box of pictures and found one I didn't even realize I had....Its from this past summer ...Its a Picture of My wonderful Aunt Patty and her three kids,Maggie the oldest standing next to my Aunt,then Jaden standing next to her and finally Teagen sitting on the arm of the chair with my Grandmother.
I titled this page My hero because that's just what my Aunt is to me, she inspires me to be a better person...I have always looked up to her and she has been there for me through out my whole life!But that's not why shes my hero......She is one of the most selfless compassionate person I have had the pleasure of knowing!
My Aunt couldn't have kids of her own so she always took care of everyone else....when a family friend was in an accident she went and took special classes so she could foster him there is a special name for this since its not a normal foster home type thing but I can't remember what its called...lol Once she got involved there was no stopping her, she was asked if she ever thought about being a spacial needs ( autistic,drug addicted,aids) foster parent at the time there weren't many of those around and most times the babies had to stay in the hospital....Of course she said yes and her journey began...I remember each and everyone of her babies....My three cousins in this picture were a part of this process...she got them when they were all new born and she has adopted all three, I swear if she had her way she would of kept them all! My Aunt has the biggest heart and I love her so very much!

I used the new sketch from Scrapping Everyday Miracles







 I was sad, I ran out of brown distress ink...that's what I get for letting Sam use it..so I used just a bit of paint and water and just did a quick wash over it...
I am also linking this to Lasting Memories- you had to use numbers on your project!

thanks for coming to take a peek!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! LOVING the colors, the torn edges and LOVING the layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful aunt you have! I adopted a special needs baby myself-fetal alcohol syndrome,, plus we were special needs foster paremts/ I admire your aunt doing it on her own. It's tough doing it with two parents!

    Beautiful layout! Thanks for sharing it. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.


    Elizabeth LMDT
    http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great page, love the torn edges and layers, you have scrapped a great memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty,l love your flowers. BFN

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Aunt you have! Your layout is beautiful and I love all of your distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout and great story! You need to print out this post and add it to the page on the back or create a 2nd page with the journaling. My middle granddaughter loves to use up my distress ink as well! She crumbles up paper and uses it to make the paper look old and then makes maps. I love that she's creative, but I hate running out of inks! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Buffy, wasn't sure if you've seen the "winner" post over at Webster's Pages. You've won something!
    http://websterspages.typepad.com/webstershome/2013/02/lots-of-lucky-winners.html
    Check it out girl! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful page and story. Thanks for sharing with us at lasting memories

    ReplyDelete
  9. dear story and an awesome layout! love how you worked with the sketch! thanks for sharing with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunner! Love the colors and what you did with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool paper tearing Buffy. Thanks for linking up with us again at SEM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative and touching!Thanks for playing along at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful story and layout. What a wonderful way to honor your amazing aunt. Thanks for playing along at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely layout and running out of brown distress ink well, that's gotta hurt! Great idea using the paint and water instead! Thanks for joining us at SEM.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a precious LO of your amazing Aunt Patty - a hero indeed. Love how you used the torn paper and doily as your inspiration for the sketch! Thanks for joining the sketch challenge this month at Scrapping Everyday Miracles! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet way to celebrate a sweet lady. So glad you linked up with us at SEM this month...your layout is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning.. I love the colours you've put together to make this LO!!
    And such a great take on the sketch!!Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles..
    Toni - DT

    ReplyDelete

Leave some blog love and I'll be sure to visit yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog