Pages

Translate

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Watch the flowers Bloom

Here is yet again another picture from my penpal...I cherish these pictures so much because there are so many places out there that I want to see but sometimes its just not possible to get to all of them....he says these are from "Views from Butchart Gardens ( yes he numbered the pictures and then wrote out what each and everyone was from there are 18 in total from this batch most are from Seattle some are from Vancouver Island, Britsh Columbia,Canada) I just loved the fountain in the background!

I used the sketch from Skissedilla #196 and I also added the rosettes that S.W.A.T showed me how to make this morning...she made it sound so easy!

sketch #196






 see the little white rosettes, I used a flower punch for the bottom instead of a circle....it makes it look like an open rose and I didn't add a center because I made them small and the looked just fine the way there were.. I also used a dab of hot glue to hold the knot in the center( I couldn't get my other glue to hold it) but used the other glue on the rest. I think I was just to impatient and couldn't wait for it to take hold LOL
thanks for coming to take a peek!

21 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! LOVING that photo and all the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool you have a penpal to send you photos you can scrap!! I hear you on not being able to get to all the places you want to go and this is an awesome way to see them and scrap them!! :) This is a really pretty page! Love the flower cluster you created - way to use new techniques!! Thanks so much for playing along with us again this week at Skissedilla!! :) Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah we've been pen pals for years...I just wish I could visit some of those places! thank you very much for your wonderful comment!

      Delete
  3. wonderful way to scrap things from your friends , really pretty page :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rosettes! Thank you for playing along with my tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for showing me an easy way to make them!

      Delete
  5. Such pretty little roses, youe LO is lovely!! Thank you for playing along with us a SWAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent job with the sketch Buffy! Love your squares and flower cluster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I was trying to figure out just what to use and those seemed to look nice! thanks Debbie :o)

      Delete
  7. I love the look of the scalloped circle for the base of your rosette! I have yet to try this technique at all, but when I do, I just may use your approach :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much...I really love how they came out and are pretty easy to make! I think I will try something a bit bigger next time!

      Delete
  8. Super cute job for the rosettes- thanks for joining us at SWAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the rosettes! Love the addition of the scalloped circles. Thanks for joining us over at S.W.A.T!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous cluster of flowers.. thanks for playing along at SWAT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your rosettes turned out awesome. Love that you played along.

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad you were able to put Basic training to use right away!!! Thanks for linking up with SWAT

    ReplyDelete

Leave some blog love and I'll be sure to visit yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog