Pages

Translate

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Where is your home?

Over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles the main challenge is to scrap where you feel most at home or what you consider home. I thought about this a whole lot and there is only one answer for me....See I've lived all over the place some example...I was born in Connecticut but was raised mostly in Montana ( lived lots of places in between I swear my mother was a gypsie  ....I went back to Ct when I was about 13 ( most of my family lives there..aunts uncles cousins and Grandmas) I decided to venture out on my own at the age of 16...lol young and stupid I guess but I never regretted it! Went from Ct to Virgina...Virginia to Massachusetts, I think at the time Mass was the longest I had ever lived anywhere in my whole life...it was good had a wonderful third floor apartment ( moved in 9 month pregnant with my oldest daughter Sam ) Had a wonderful job/career (worked there for ten years and to this day still miss that place) anyway I am getting off track here...the whole point is no matter where I was in the world my family was always home weather it be when I went to visit my grandmother for thanksgiving or when I had my wonderful children it was always home! it never mattered if we were in an apartment or a friends house...all that mattered was we were together...that's what makes it home to me!
I scrapped my two girls because they are and will always be my home even if Stephanie isn't with us anymore shes still in my heart and I feel her with us everyday!

scrap twist was to use a journal tag or block to write detail- mine is a hand made hidden tag the blueish green hexagon on the top right pulls out I wrote on both sides.

I used the sketch from lets get sketchy





I also decided to add this to the chic tags challenge....(challenge you to use 7 products or less. Card stock, adhesive and thread do not count.) I used Authentique - Dictation stickers, Thickers - letters, Echo Park- Everyday Eclectic lg hexagon paper, Studio G layers flowers-used two and took them a part and used the pieces, Liquid Perals-flower centers

 I cut individual hex's out and layered a couple to give just a bit of dimension then took apart the flowers and used each piece separately
 I have never used thickers before...I'm not crazy about the color but I love how they look!


thanks for coming to take a peek!



16 comments:

  1. very nice layout, love that hexie paper!! thanks for joining us at lgs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Loveeeeeeeeeee the flowers, the hexagons and the splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully done, thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely job Buffy! I love the title and the photo! Pretty paper choice! Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing!! :) Great sketch and LO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the hexagons and splatters! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with the sketch! Like the hexagon pp! Thank you for joining us this week at LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those hexagons really pop on that black background. Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First I'm tickled pink that all three places you've submitted this layout are my design teams, very cool. On behalf of all of us thanks for linking up Buffy. I love that you scrapped this layout of both your girlies, and the story behind your many moves, and where you now consider home. So meaningful. I moved out at 16 too, we have that in common :D Your take on the LGS sketch is great, and I love that you've journaled on a hidden tag, fab job. Your rocked the 7 items challenge for Chic Tags too. I love that I see you all over the web, keep scrappin' girlie xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your story about where you feel home is! great layout! thanks for joining us over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hexagons and splatters, what could be better! Nicely done, thanks for joining us at SEM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty LO! Great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful LO with such touching memories of Stephanie!! Our family is truly our home! Thanks for joining the challenge this month at Scrapping Everyday Miracles! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful story to go along with a beautiful layout Buffy! Thanks so much for being a faithful participant at SEM...love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am loving the black background! And family certainly is a beautiful feeling of home!
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles..
    Toni - DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful! I love the hexagons...

    ReplyDelete

Leave some blog love and I'll be sure to visit yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog